Current Needs and Initiatives
The current initiatives of St. Elizabeth High School and those things high on the faculty priority list include:
- Planning, implementation, and annual refinement of a curriculum mapping program that allows for a clearly defined, calendar-based path of instruction with specific milestones and a systematic and structured collection of data regarding student progress thereby creating a methodology to increase individual and institutional achievement. (projected cost: $150,000 start up costs, $50,000 per year for five to seven years).
- Creation of a Viking Scholars Program, which will enhance and enrich the current academic environment (projected cost: $10,000 start up cost).
- Online databases and journals for student research in the Media Center ($3,500 – $5,000 per year).
- Pottery Wheel (projected cost: $800), Digital Arts cameras and iMacs (projected cost: $2,000 each), Aerobic/Stepper Machine (projected cost: $3,000), and Gymnastic Mats (projected cost: $1,100) for the Freshman Exploratory Program.
- Texas Instruments math navigator system for one or more math classes (projected cost: $2,500 for 16 students and one teacher).
- Digital piano and keyboard amp for chorus activities (projected cost: $2,198).
- Increased funding for class field trips, particularly for History, Drama, and the Sciences (projected cost: $1,500 per trip).
- Upgraded software for student services, reports, grading and communication (projected cost: $2,0000).
- RAM upgrades for servers (projected cost: $250 per 8GB upgrade to max of 32GB)
- Processor upgrades for servers (projected cost: $300 per processor to a max of two additional proccessors)
Capital needs include:
- Handicap access to first floor and bathrooms (projected cost: $50,000).
- Establishment of an ongoing campus preservation program, i.e., funds to recarpet/retile and repaint classrooms on a rotating basis (e.g., three classrooms are done each summer on a rotating basis so that every six years all classrooms have been tended to at least once) (projected cost: $4,000 per classroom).
- Continual upgrading and renovation of existing ventilation, heating and air-conditioning systems to ensure their energy and environmental efficiency (projected cost: $5,000/year).
- Replacement of classroom furniture on a rotating basis every five years (projected cost: $4,375 per classroom).
All of the above needs present naming and/or donor recognition opportunities. To discuss funding, partially or in its entirety, any of these initiatives, please contact Kathleen Houghton, Director of Alumni Relations, at 302.656.3369, ext. 3036 or at email@example.com.